navigation

9.8.14

NEW YSL Fusion Ink Foundation Review



Hi guys,

There has already been so much hype around the new YSL Fusion Ink foundation even though it is only due for release exclusively in Debenhams on August 10th and everywhere else on August 20th. I wasn’t sure it could live up to my expectations and certainly didn’t think it could come close to replacing my beloved Estee Lauder Double Wear as my Holy Grail foundation but could I have been wrong?


I managed to get my hands on the Fusion Ink Foundation early and have been testing it for the last couple of weeks and I have to say I’m impressed. YSL claim there are no compromises with this foundation and you will get 24 hour wear from it, taking you from a long day at the office to a night out after work. I have combination oily skin and foundation does tend to slide off my face throughout the day, hence Double Wear being a firm favourite of mine. This foundation has been truly put to the test for staying power as it has been ridiculously hot in work recently and unfortunately I have been a bit of a Sweaty Betty at times! Despite this my foundation has stayed firmly in place and I have reached the end of the day looking pretty much the same as I started it which for me is a bit of a miracle.

Aside from the impressive staying power I also really loved the formula. It feels so light on the skin, almost like you’re wearing no makeup at all and it blends really nicely. I was advised to use a buffing brush to apply the foundation rather than a flat foundation brush and I would have to agree that this is the best way to apply it. With the flat brush it can look a little streaky but the buffing brush ensures that it blends into the skin perfectly. I’d say it gives medium coverage and isn’t at all cakey or heavy looking, just really natural but flawless at the same time.

The applicator isn’t like one that I have seen before and is apparently based on a calligrapher’s pen to allow you to get just the right amount of foundation needed and not a drop more. I really liked this style of applicator as it is so easy to use and has the least amount of wastage, unlike the bottles where you have to pour the foundation out!

As always the bottle is just perfection but I guess you wouldn’t expect anything less from YSL. It looks super luxurious and sleek and just adds that something extra making me love it all the more.

Sorry Estee Lauder but I have a new favourite and that is something I wasn’t sure was possible!

Will you be trying the new YSL Fusion Ink Foundation?

Thanks for reading

Hannah xx

3 comments:

  1. I just bought the Estee Lauder Double Wear and love it. I too have oily/combination skin but it still does transfer to my cell phone. I'll have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @FilipinaMacBarbie I do love Double Wear but I think the YSL Fusion has topped it, it's staying power is amazing! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello,i loved ur blog.few days bak i hav started blogging.i wld be glad if u chk out my blog and follow me at GFC.i am followig u now.hope to hear from u.Xoxo.

    http://proxyprixi.blogspot.com/2014/03/bio-woman-whitening-kuu-spa-aroma-bath.html

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS