navigation

30.7.13

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation Review



Hi everyone :)

Double Wear from Estée Lauder has been a firm favourite of mine for a good couple of years now and I haven't even looked at another foundation since discovering it. I have quite oily skin so I struggle to find a foundation that stays put and won't go patchy after a few hours and Double Wear has been the only one I have used that has actually lasted all day on my skin.


However, a friend of mine was raving about the Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation and saying that it was an absolute must have so naturally I got curious. As I am very picky with foundations I got a sample from the Urban Decay counter in Debenhams so I could try it out before splashing out the £27 it costs. I got two days worth out of the sample foundation but I was left hooked so I went back the next day to buy it.


There are 18 shades available and I ended up getting 3.5 which is quite pale but a perfect match for me. My mum decided to get one too but she struggled a little more with matching up her skin tone but eventually went for shade 7. The coverage is fairly light with this foundation but it can easily be built up with a couple of layers which I thought would be perfect for when I'm on holiday and want something a little less heavy in the day but more coverage for the evening. 

It has a semi-matte finish which I love as it looks really natural and provides a subtle glow without being too shiny or oily looking. It also dries really nicely and doesn't feel sticky or mask like on the skin, which I'd say is one downside to Double Wear (you can really feel that you have makeup on). The foundation did stay put quite well through the day but not quite as well as Double Wear. As I mentioned earlier though my skin is oily so it would probably last all day on someone with combination or drier skin.


Overall I am really happy with the Naked Skin foundation and think it is a good one for the summer. I'll probably revert back to Double Wear for the winter and it will always be a firm favourite, but I'm glad I have found another foundation that can give it a run for its money!

Have any of you guys tried the Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation? Which other foundations would you recommend?

Thanks for reading :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS