navigation

30.6.13

Sensationail Gel Polish Starter Kit Review



Hellloooo,

If you saw my last post you will have read that I have recently taken my acrylic nails off to try and get them in a bit better condition after two and a half years of having them on. When I had them taken off I decided to try the gel polishes as I really like the shine they give and the fact that they last about two weeks.

The beauty salon that I went to used OPI gel and I was really impressed with how they turned out; they lasted a good two weeks and added a bit of extra protection for my nails as they are so weak at the moment. After trying the gel polish I was hooked and decided to buy a kit so that I could do them myself at home and save money on going to the salon. A friend at work recommended the Sensationail starter kit to me so that was the one which I went for in the end.


The kit costs £60 which is quite pricey but if you add up all the money I will be saving on getting my nails done professionally, it soon ends up paying for itself. For your money you get an LED lamp, gel primer, base coat/top coat, gel cleanser, 12 lint free wipes, nail buffer, manicure stick and two gel polishes in the colours of your choice.

 

I used the kit for the first time last week and it was so quick and easy to do. I went for the Pink Bouquet shade which is quite a bright pink and added Avon Silver Glitter polish on the ring fingers for a bit of extra detail. At first I was a bit sceptical and thought they wouldn’t turn out anywhere near as good as when I get them done professionally but I was really happy with the results. A major bonus for me is not having to sit and wait for the polish to dry as I always end up fidgeting and smudging a nail. I have had the polish on for a week now and there have been no chips at all and the shine and finish has stayed perfect too.


So far I haven’t come across any negatives with the gel kit, apart from maybe that the polishes are quite expensive – Sensationail ones are £10 each but they are only 7.39ml and OPI ones are around £20! I did have trouble getting the gel off from the first set I had done but I didn’t have any acetone and ended up filing the polish off. Next time I will follow the instructions a bit better and hopefully it won’t be so difficult.

Overall I would really recommend the Sensationail gel starter kit and think it is good value for money. It’s so much easier not to have to sit and wait for polish to dry and you don’t have to worry about it chipping after two or three days.

Have any of you tried a gel polish kit? Which gel polishes do you use?

Thanks for reading :) xx

1 comment:

  1. You have amazing nails, and that colour is fab! :) x

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS